Monday, February 18, 2008

Some history

This will be very rough to start--I'll make a better effort eventually.

In San Diego some initial permaculture work was done by Marcia Boruta with the SDECC. Currently there is no main PC organizer. We do have the SDPG email list.

To understand the magnitude and power of PC, it helps to spend some time with Permaculture: a Designers' Manual. Chapter 14--"Strategies for an Alternative Nation"--is particularly noteworthy.

I will help you get a copy of this if you contact me.

Also, view the entire Global Gardener video series -- search for Bill Mollison + Global Gardener. But Marc and I can organize a showing of this.

And, if you want your mind still further blown, read Travels in Dreams.

This not a cult of one man, however. The more you look into the PC movement the more you will find wonderful people doing powerful things.

Quail Springs is the closest great permaculture I have experienced, though there are many LA-area efforts.

Josh Robinson is some other PC greatness I got to experience recently.

It's not just men:
But here's one more man I wanted to mention:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would love to get a copy of Permaculture: A Designer's Manual for less than $70 if you have any idea how. I haven't been able to find it around, only online and it's mighty steep. Permaculture is so vital if humans want to exist harmoniously with this planet.